Saturday, April 11, 2009

so what? it's been four months

I know, I know.
I haven't written anything in four months.
And even that wasn't interesting.

I've been busy.
I mean ridiculously busy.
Working more than I think I've ever worked.
Which isn't a horrible thing in this economy.
But isn't so great for work-life balance.

My weekly allocation of hours looks something like this:



The time breaks down like this:
- Working is obvious - all of the email, meetings, research, team management, client dinners, eating at my desk, and more email.
- Mothering Sheldon includes all of the walks, feedings, errands, shuttling to day care, playtime, etc
- Having fun is what occurs when I see my friends usually at a bar or dinner.
- Working out is yoga + running + occasional spin class or 40 minutes on the elliptical
- Traveling includes both work and fun related travel. I've been doing way too much of the former.
- Sleeping is just that. Sleeping
- Resting is when I'm lying around watching TV. I love me some Gossip Girl!
- Errands are dry cleaning, chores, grocery store, etc.
- Messing on the Internet includes personal email, Facebook, Twitter, Blogging...which my hourly allocation explains why I haven't updated any of my blogs, barely changed my Facebook status, and haven't read your blogs or even emailed you back!

In a perfect world, I'd want my time to look like this:



I'd like to work less, sleep more and have more fun. I'd see more concerts, hang out with my friends, and enjoy all of the fun things to do in NYC. I'd travel less for work and rest more (read: watch more trashy TV). And I'd like for Sheldon to be a little less needy and require less of my time - minus snuggling which I could use more of. I'd also get to spend more time geeking out on the Internet and entertaining my nine readers of my blog with exciting stories about what I've been doing with whom and how it was "so much fun!"

I'm an over-achiever. I can do this. I can shift my priorities. So stay tuned for all of the exciting things to come!

No comments: