Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The Pain of Beauty

Everyone has those days. You know the ones where you walk out of your house and catch a glimpse of yourself in the reflection of a storefront window and you think, “Man, I look good today.” Well, today is one of those days for me. Having a very pivotal date (and by that i mean, we've been out enough times that the "define the relationship" talk is coming up - not pivotal in terms of what gutter-minded readers may be thinking) with the new boy and a busy work schedule, I was forced to don the work-to-date attire, which you ladies know can prove quite challenging. With precision, I selected an outfit that is work appropriate and, with the removal of the short jacket and a change in earrings, is a hot number that will turn heads.

There is one not-so-perfect thing about my outfit; the hot little strappy heels I selected are already killing my feet. However, like a true fashionista, I will sacrifice comfort for beauty. I made a new discovery - If you walk, all sexy-like, with a slight shake of your tailfeather, you forget your feet are killing you. It also helps to listen to “No Scrubs” on repeat, which can relieve all pain – physical and emotional. In fact, I’ve decided I love the song so much; I’m going to write my own version. Be on the lookout for the "No Scrubs remixx."

1 comment:

MsComrade said...

If you have a shorty but you don't show love... Oh yes son, I'm talking to you!