Monday, May 02, 2005

Why I love my job…

5. I love to travel to Japan and I really LOVE to shop. Well, now I get to travel to the far east to SHOP for toys and trinkets and someone else is paying for it.
4. We watch The Simpsons everyday at lunch. No explanation needed.
3. Working for a Japanese company rocks. One, I get to practice my Japanese with my co-workers. Second, translating slogans and taglines from Japanese to English is highly entertaining on a weekly basis.
2. Who wouldn’t love working for a company that peddles cartoon and video games?
1. Dudes LOVE the fact that I work for a company that peddles cartoons and video games. I’ve been asked out four times in two weeks after engaging in delightful conversation struck up by the fact that I was playing my new gameboy to learn the games on my commute. And this weekend, I found myself at a party, feeling like Scarlett at the Wilkes' bar-b-que, surrounded by boys hanging on my every word. As soon as any male found out where I worked, it seemed to raise my cool points significantly. While I'm sure I can stand on my own without the cool job, I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t enjoy the attention. I know I’m digging it.

No comments: