Monday, February 06, 2006

The Colbert Report

If SNL’s weekend update and Meet the Press got married and had a kid, it would come out as The Colbert Report. This is my new favorite show. High five to "Either/Or" for telling me about it. For The Daily Show fans out there, you all know Stephen Colbert. I’d seen him a few times when he was reporting for Jon Stewart and thought he was mildly funny. I was wrong – he is hilarious and I love his show. This man is a southerner (from Charleston – the greatest southern town EVER) and makes a living by making fun of democrats, republicans, and anyone who he finds irritating. Needless to say, he has my dream job.

When something or someone get under his skin, he puts them “on notice” and if they really make him mad then they are “dead to him.” Well, that’s really funny. So, I’ve stolen part of his concept. Isn’t imitation the best form of flattery? Anyway, since I can’t fathom someone making me so irate that they become dead to me, I’m going with the first half and from now on, I’m starting my own “on notice” list. Check it out to the right.

I can’t do the rest of it justice so I suggest you check it out for yourself. Start off with a sneak peak at http://www.colbertnation.com/colbertnatiownon/index.jhtml and then tune your DVR to Comedy Central at 11:30 P.M.

No comments: