Friday, February 03, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

Everyone makes them and no one sticks to them.

I spent a lot of time working on my resolutions back in December. They included:
- Making time for myself
- Learning something new each month…january’s subject was Economics
- Reconnecting with an old friend each month
- Getting on (and sticking to) a workout schedule
- Not eating chicken fingers more than once a week
- Practicing the 7 habits…
- Becoming more fiscally responsible

It’s a good list, right? I was pretty excited about it. However when 2006 came along, I wasn’t ready to make the move to changing my entire life. So, instead of beating myself up about it, I developed a genius strategy. I’ve decided from here on out, all New Year’s resolutions will go into implementation with the Chinese New Year. That gives me time to detox from the holidays and adjust to January (which is the worst month) in NYC before I begin making big changes in my life. Since the Chinese New Year kicked off last weekend, I’m five days into the 2006 resolutions and I must say that I’m doing quite well…except the workout schedule makes me tired because I have to get up early and learning about Economics makes me feel stupid and reminds me of why I didn’t pay attention in class when I paid to take it. The rest of them are pretty easy to stick with…well, until I spot a super pair of shoes I can’t resist and then the fiscal responsibility resolution will fall by the wayside.

No comments: