Saturday, December 08, 2007

It's almost Heisman time

Tonight the winner of the Heisman will be announced and I'm pretty sure that Tim Tebow is going to win. (Just typing that out made me feel sick. Ugh.)

Monday night is the awards ceremony. It's in NYC and I was actually invited this year, but I'll be out of town. While it would be cool to muck it up with the attendees at this event, the $500 ticket would be better spent on someone other than me, as I'd rather burn my shoes than sit through a ceremony honoring a jean shorts & keds wearing Gator.

If I could choose, I would not choose Tim Tebow because I hate Florida. I would not choose Chase Daniel because he's a whiny baby. I would not choose Colt Brennan because he wears jean shorts.

If I could choose, I'd select Darren McFadden. Why? Because he is the best running back in the country. In fact, I think he's the best offensive player in the nation.

But I don't get to decide. Hopefully next year's candidates will be more exciting and the winner won't be someone that makes my skin crawl.

No comments: